Truly comprehensive yacht insurance goes beyond physical assets – it should protect you from the liabilities associated with operating a yacht, too.
Our Yacht and Superyacht experts deal with all aspects of insurance, always putting your interests first.
Your requirements are unique, and we strive to arrange tailored solutions to match your needs for your vessel and associated cover. We can advise and protect on a broad range of risks; from new build insurance to war risks and piracy, from fine art and contents insurance to medical and personal accident cover for crew and guests.
To offer a one broker solution for all your assets or liabilities that require protection, we work closely with our Private Clients specialist team. Our relationship with specialist underwriters allows us to provide the highest level of customer service to meet your needs, all while reducing the time necessary to arrange the insurance or make a claim.
We have more than 100 dedicated, multilingual yacht Protection & Indemnity professionals globally, and have decades of combined experience arranging protection and handling claims for luxury yachts and superyachts.
To discover our full Yacht insurance offering, or simply to discuss your insurance options, get in touch with your local Lockton representative.
With decades of combined experience in luxury yacht and superyacht insurance, our Yacht Practice offer solutions for Superyachts, Motor boats, Sail boats, River cruisers, Day boats, Narrow boats, Sports boats, Fishing boats, Catamarans and Dinghies.
- Hull and machinery insurance
- Tenders and submersible vessel insurance
- War risks and piracy insurance
- Protection and indemnity/third party liability insurance
- Pollution liability (COFRs) insurance protection
- Personal effects insurance
- Medical and personal accident insurance for your crew and guests
- Career ending insurance for professional yacht captains
- Kidnap and ransom insurance
- Berth liability insurance
- Insurance for boat builders
- Insurance for boat transporters
- Mortgagees interest insurance
- Cyber risks
Additional services include:
- Contract Reviews
- Risk advisory
- Claims consulting
- Lender requirements
The Yacht team has extensive experience which enables for a better understanding of a clients needs, exposures and insight in to the most advantageous market for their requirements both in the UK and abroad.