Last Updated: 13th July 2018
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.locktoninternational.com (our website).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
www.locktoninternational.com is a website operated by Lockton Companies LLP (we, us, our). We are a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under company number OC353198 and have our registered office at The St Botolph Building,138 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7AG. Our main trading address is The St Botolph Building,138 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7AG. Our VAT number is GB 449 6862 93.
We are authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under Firm Reference Number 523069.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone 0207 933 0000.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our website.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Our Privacy Notice, which sets out how we collect and use personal data about you. See further under How we may use your personal information.
- Our Cookie Notice, which sets out information about the cookies on our website.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may update and change our website from time to time to reflect changes to our products and services, our users' needs, our business priorities and for legal and regulatory reasons.
Our website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. In particular you agree not to offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium any part of our website or website materials whatsoever.
The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. A product or service shown on our website may not necessarily be suitable for you, and we make no warranty or representation that the material on our website is appropriate or available for use in any location or is compliant with all local laws. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
• We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
• Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice.
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
You must not establish a link to our website or make our website, or any part of it, available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the internet or otherwise, without our prior approval.
If you wish to link to our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the General Counsel.
The trademarks, service marks and logos contained on our website are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights under English and foreign laws and international conventions. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our website.